Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Two Days of High School

I can't really believe that my youngest is now in high school. We started our school year yesterday and so far things have gone well. Things are completely different this year than in previous years so it's taking some getting used to. For one, we're using a different curriculum for the majority of our studies. I'm also taking a greater role in her schoolwork and actually sitting down with her and doing most things side-by-side. It's definitely nice to discuss things as they come up and this gives me greater flexibility to determine what needs to be written out compared to answered orally.

Yesterday we started at 10:30am to take advantage of the cooler morning for yard work, but were done by 2:30pm. Today we got started around 8am because it was raining, but were done by 12pm. That included a break to take the horses out since the rain abated for a bit. I know it's too early to tell for certain, but I think this year is going to be nice.

I'm now making bread for hubby's lunch and will make Sweet Zucchini Biscuits as a thank-you to the neighbor for taking care of the horses Saturday so we could go out as a family.

No comments: